Employment Opportunities with Bread of Life
DIRECTOR OF sPIRITUAL FORMATION PROGRAMS
Bread of Life seeks Director of Spiritual Formation Programs
OVERVIEW: Our Spiritual Formation Program provides people with experiences that deepen their relationship to God/Holy Mystery/Spirit. This program intentionally includes a wide range of entry points, attractive to beginners as well as depth journeyers. The Director’s role is to continue to develop and oversee our comprehensive program of spiritual formation and leadership development.
Position Title: Director of Spiritual Formation Programs
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Part Applications accepted to April 1, 2019
Salary Range: Negotiable
SUMMARY: The Director of Spiritual Formation Programs will develop programs, provide direct service as program leader and assess programs, workshops and groups, ensuring that the quality is compatible with the Bread of Life mission as it exists now and as it evolves. The Director will collaboratively plan for the annual cycle of workshops and also collaborate with the DynamicDialogue program director. The Director will provide direct service as a program leader/provider and mentor to the next generation of leadership. The Director will collaborate directly with the Dynamic Dialogue program for mutual program development. The Director will supervise the Spiritual Formation Outreach Coordinator who intakes prospective directees, coordinates the internal spiritual direction team and supports the Soul-Tending Membership program.
Provide oversight for Spiritual Formation programming held on and off site
Supervision of Outreach Coordinator
Oversee the spiritual directors and faculty for our depth formation programs providing support and guidance for ongoing individual and team growth.
In partnership with the Executive Director, assist with Outreach and Networking. Create and lead on and off-site annual offerings to the community on themes of general interest to introduce people to BOL
In partnership with Executive Director, create an annual budget for Spiritual Formation programs
In partnership with the Executive Director, assist with Marketing through Constant Contact, Bread of Life website, and donor management system using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Deep rooting in a faith tradition and community with a broadness of spirit willing to engage, affirm, and work with other faith traditions.
• Successful completion of a spiritual formation program, such as spiritual direction, retreat leadership or like programs followed by experience in that area.
• Experience of at least 3-5 years in planning and managing spiritual formation programs.
• Comfort with an adult learning approach in all engagements that frees collaborative thinking and work.
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Efficiency in prioritizing and multi-tasking
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Desire to work in a vibrant and creative atmosphere with diverse populations
➢ Ability to sit for more than an hour, and occasionally kneel, reach, lift and bend. Provide own transportation
Required: 2 letter(s) of recommendation from people familiar with your spiritual formation program facilitation and management experience. Two writing samples which can include a blog post and/or the design for a spiritual formation program, and a resume. Please email inquiries and/or completed application packets (to include letters of recommendation) to Pia Spector at firstname.lastname@example.org.